I am still loving the 12 on 12 project. It gives a snapshot of what’s going on in my life and around me and it could be a very busy day or one with not so much going on. Either way, it lets me capture the many different ways that I spend my time.
July 12 was a strange day…so many things happening. I experienced a RAK, moved back into the house after having some renos done, it was soooo hot and humid, spent some time with friends from a lifetime ago, went downtown (I know, I can’t believe it either!). It was a day that could not be more out of the ordinary.
In this collage (starting at the top left) you will see:
1. Flowers from an old friend in Bishops College (my high school) colours. It’s a funny story but he had a little contest on facebook where he said that the first person who guessed the correct answer would win a prize. He was talking about how he ran into an old friend from high school and that she was the one of the prettiest and smartest girls from back then and that she wasn’t on Facebook. Since I am, I knew he wasn’t talking about me (haha), I made a guess. I certainly wasn’t expecting a real honest to goodness prize, but sure enough, the next day, he showed up at my office with flowers! It gets even funnier because right at that moment when we were chatting and catching up, who else shows up at my office but my husband? My old friend was disappointed that husband never even flinched that he brought me flowers. He also got all the girls in the office talking and wondering who was this guy who brought me flowers? Truly his RAK made my day!
2. The aftermath of the renos. We had our hardwood floors refinished and had to move out of the house for a few days. We also had the paint refreshed. The 12th was spent putting the house back together.
3. Out of 30 people who work in our building, on Friday, there were only 6 of us there. It seems that a lot of people were taking advantage of the amazing weather and starting holidays or heading out to Salmonfest. Either way, the building was deserted. So we decided a little treat was in order. We had the most amazing cupcakes, white chocolate filled with vanilla pudding. Yummy!
4. This beautiful peony was blooming my garden. I don’t have much of a green thumb and opt for low maintenance perennials for my garden. But I do love it when something beautiful appears.
5. This girl was a street performer on George Street on Friday night. She was juggling batons with flames! We watched her from the open window at the Sundance.
6. More of the men in my life putting the house back together and was it ever hot and humid on Friday!
7. The best dog in the whole world!
8. This is George Street on the Friday night of Salmonfest….not much happening here tonight, no lineups, not many people on the street. The perfect night for me to go downtown, if I have to! I never was one for heading downtown, even in my younger days.
9. A quick snap of Charlie, Leah’s new puppy. It’s blurry because he won’t stay still long enough to let you take his picture.
10. DInner at the Gypsy Tea Room with a group of friends from high school. One of our friends was home from Louisiana and messaged a few of us on Facebook to see if we wanted to get together. So 8 of us went to dinner and then we met up with a few more later for drinks. It was just like we saw each other yesterday, even though it’s been 29 years since we left the doors of Bishops College. We have had two reunions and various encounters throughout the years and have stayed in touch on Facebook. But it was just so great to see each other and catch up. And there was none of that drama that is so much part of your life in high school!
11. Old friends at the Martini Bar
12. More old friends at the Sundance
Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! The weather for the past couple of weeks has been amazing. We spent a few days at the cabin while the renos were happening at the house. I will have sporadic posts throughout the summer depending on what’s happening. Once the fall hits, I will be back on a normal schedule and so will my blog. Right now I am just enjoying summer!