2013 has been interesting and extremely busy so far. While it is the normal busy with work and the kid’s activities, I have been lucky that my weekends are relatively free and despite the horrible winter weather that we have been having, I have been able to get The Paperie for a few classes and have been able to start a few other projects that I have been wanting to work on for a while.
1. Cleaning and decluttering my scraproom. I have been trying to purge old supplies, organize the things I want to keep and put things in the right places so that I can put my hands on them when I need them.
2. Editing and printing photos. Took lots of photos in November and December but just dumped them on to the computer except for the ones that made it into my December Daily. So I have lots to edit, print and scrapbook.
3. Knitting. I learned how to knit at a very young age, I think it was in Brownies and have picked it up on and off over the years. I remember when Scandinavian Sweaters were all the rage, I knit several of those. Now that infinity scarves are all the rage, L wants lots of them so she asked if I could knit one for her.
4. Mixed Media Art. I took a weekend of classes with Sara a couple of weeks ago and played with a whole bunch of mixed media techniques. I have started a couple of canvases to play some more and hopefully they will make a couple of nice birthday gifts for some of bff’s who have special days coming up soon.
5. Reading. Started The Sweetnees of Forgetting a couple of days ago for a book club brunch that is coming up in a couple of weeks. I am thinking that it will be done before the weekend’s over. It’s a good one!
Lots of things happening this week that I am excited about:
1. Today’s Book of Me Class with Raelynn.
2. Krista’s 1st Keeping Track of Life Class later this week
3. Quilting Night at Marg’s this week
4. Turkey Dinner for Superbowl Sunday. I am looking forward to the game but really have no opinion or favorite to win. I just hope that it’s a close, exciting to watch game, that the commercials are good and that Beyonce doesn’t lip-sync her half-time show.
5. Confederation Cup Hockey Tournament this week. We have friends travelling from Halifax with their son who is playing. A’s team is playing too! Go Falcons Go!